1. Who we are
Romsey Cancer Support Centre (RCSC) is a local cancer support charity (registered charity number 1159474) set up as an independent charity in 2014 but in existence under the auspices of other charities since 1995. It is often known by the name of the Centre – Jane Scarth House (JSH). The charity also have a shop in Romsey, Jane’s. RSCS is managed by a group of local Trustees who hold the responsibility for how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
This privacy notice explains how RCSC uses personal information relating to services provided to clients through the Centre, to our staff and volunteers and to our donors and fundraisers both through the Centre and the shop.
2. How we use your information
We will not share your personal information with anyone else or for any other purpose than that which you have given us permission to collect, store and process it. The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data will depend on the circumstances in which it is being collected and used, but in most cases will fall into one of the following categories:
- where you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way;
- where the processing is necessary to carry out the performance of a contract with you;
- where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; and
- where it is in our legitimate interest to perform our functions, for example processing donations or sending you administrative communications where our legitimate interest is to raise funds and deliver our charitable purpose.
3. How we comply with our obligations
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by:
- keeping personal data up to date;
- storing and destroying it securely and in a timely fashion;
- not collecting or retaining unnecessary data;
- protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and
- ensuring that appropriate measures are in place to protect personal data.
4. Legal requirements
All individuals in roles associated with RSCS (whether paid or voluntary) have a legal duty to keep personal/sensitive information about you confidential.
We may disclose your personal/sensitive personal information by law, for example to HMRC for tax purposes or gift aid claiming or to police forces for the prevention or detection of crime. We will only share your data if the law requires us to do so.
Whilst working always to maintain client confidentiality, in accordance with professional ethical frameworks there may be occasion when a significant risk of harm to an individual is identified which may result in an individual breaking confidentiality to ensure emergency support is sought from professional services.
5. Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with which we will comply:
- the right to request a copy of your personal data which RCSC holds;
- the right to request that RSCS corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- the right to request that personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for RCSC to retain such data;
- the right to withdraw consent to the processing at any time;
- the right to request that the data RCSC holds is transmitted directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability);
- the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
- the right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable); and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
6. Changes to processing
We will tell you why we are holding and processing your data for each specific function. If our reasons for holding your data change or we intend to process it in any different way, we will contact you to ask for your consent in advance of taking any action.
7. Telling us when things change
We want to ensure our records up to date and you can help us to do this by telling us if/when your contact details and other personal information changes. You can also change your mind at any time about how we contact you or ask us to stop contacting you altogether.
To do this please contact us and we will ensure your wishes are acted upon as soon as possible and certainly within 28 days.
However you have contact with RCSC, whether as client, volunteer, donor, fundraiser, staff member or in any other capacity then please:
Phone us on 01794 830374
Write: Romsey Cancer Support Centre, 37a The Hundred, Romsey, SO51 8GE
If you wish to unsubscribe from our email newsletter which is hosted by Mailchimp then please go to the bottom of the newsletter and click unsubscribe.